The Department of Health has released a series of documents about the Public Health Outcomes Framework that can be accessed through the following link: Public Health Outcomes Framework documentation. You can also find links to other relevant policies, the NHS Outcomes Framework 2013 /14 and the Adult Social Care Outcomes Framework 2013/14 through that site.
The following links may be helpful for further information about the health of the population in your local area:
Links to local briefings can be found below:
The Public Health Outcomes Framework focuses the whole system on achieving positive health outcomes for the population and reducing inequalities in health. The majority of indicators in this framework have the potential to impact on inequalities and we aspire to make it possible for all indicators to be disaggregated by equalities characteristics and by socioeconomic analysis wherever possible in order to support work locally to reduce in-area health inequalities where these persist. The inequalities tab of the data tool is currently under development and in this first phase we have made available some national level inequalities data. Also available is a technical user guide for the overarching indicators.
Charts for slope index of inequality in life expectancy
Charts showing previous time periods from 2002-04 onwards are available here: http://www.lho.org.uk/LHO_Topics/Analytic_Tools/Slope/SlopeIndexCharts.aspx
- Indicators 0.2i,0.2iii and 0.2vii - Life expectancy by deprivation decile within England, regions and upper tier local authorities, 2002-04 - 2011-13
- Indicator 0.2v - Healthy life expectancy by deprivation decile within England 2011-13
- Indicator 1.03 – Pupil absence by gender, ethnicity and deprivation
- Indicator 1.06i – Adults with a learning disability who live in stable & appropriate accommodation by gender
- Indicator 1.17 - Fuel poverty by various inequalities dimensions
- Indicator 1.18i - Social isolation of adult social care users by various inequalities dimensions
- Indicator 1.18ii - Social isolation of adult carers by various inequalities dimensions
- Indicator 1.19i - Older people's perception of community safety - feel safe walking alone in local area during the day by age, gender and deprivation
- Indicator 1.19ii - Older people's perception of community safety - feel safe walking alone in local area after dark by age, gender and deprivation
- Indicator 1.19iii - Older people's perception of community safety - feel safe alone in own home at night by age, gender and deprivation
- Indicator 2.06i - Excess weight in 4-5 year olds by deprivation and ethnicity
- Indicator 2.06ii - Excess weight in 10-11 year olds by deprivation and ethnicity
- Indicator 3.04 - Late diagnosis of HIV by Age, Ethnicity, Infection Group and deprivation
- Indicator 4.11 - Emergency readmissions within 30 days of discharge, by gender and deprivation
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) Public Health Outcomes Framework Companion Document
This work has been conducted by a partnership of organisations on a voluntary basis with the support of the Department of Health and Public Health England. While there remain many gaps in the data, we hope this publication will go some way towards helping commissioners understand how to best address health inequalities within LGBT communities in their area www.lgf.org.uk/phof.